Sunday, March 02, 2014

‘Royals’ for Journalists

Although I didn't post anything about it at the time, I think there should be some record here of the hilarious version of Lorde's “Royals” that former EIC Aaron Edwards’12 recorded back in mid-November. The lyrics are by Washington-based journalist Adrienne LaFrance. It’s “Royals” for journalists, an entertaining take on breaking news in the digital age, and it got quite a bit of attention around the Web.
Aaron is currently associate editor at NBC News Digital’s Breaking News in New York. 

Here's the chorus:

And we’ll go viral (viral)
It don’t run in our blood
That kind of distro ain’t for us
We crave a different kind of buzz
Let me be your paper (paper)
You can fold and carry me
And baby I’ll rule, I’ll rule, I’ll rule
Let me live that fantasy

Check out the recording, along with the full lyrics.

No comments: